It is so easy for me to get so caught up in everyday life and start to get down on myself. Mothering can be pretty dang hard. Sometimes, days have gone by and I haven’t done anything for myself or my family. Instead of getting down on myself, I plan on doing little things each day that keep the kids and I happy. So these are my simple daily goals that will help me to ward off the mothering blues and keep a positive outlook on life.
- Getting dressed everyday: I love fashion and makeup. I love the entire process of getting ready. What I don’t love is the kids going through everything in the bathroom and spreading it on the floor. I’ve let that part of myself go the last year and I want to get my MOJO back!
- Waking up with my husband to have coffee: He has to leave at 6:30 am, so I want to wake up by 6am to have coffee with him and read our couple’s devotional. The best thing you can do for your kids, is love and cherish their father. I want to model a healthy and happy marriage for my kids.
- Getting outside everyday: There are some days that I’m just trying to survive until nap time. I’m just scrambling for the hours trying to keep them happy and fed. Instead of turning on the tv, my goal is to go outside! I forget how happy my son is while he’s sitting in the sand pile. My daughter could jump on the trampoline all day. So why do I try to keep them entertained inside the house??
- Stop yelling at my kids: This has been on my heart since my son hit the terrible twos. I don’t yell everyday but somedays I get so overwhelmed by their emotions that mine get out of control. Yelling doesn’t make anything better, only makes it worse.
- Read parenting books: This goes along #4. I realized when my son was 3 and my daughter was 1.5, that the real parenting is beginning. So I looked on Amazon and got an Audiobook called How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen and I love it! It has been giving me so many tools to talk to my kids instead of talking AT them.
I hope this inspires you to make goals in your own life and I pray that we can all achieve them! I love making goals and giving myself the tools to achieve. It gives me hope that I can change, no matter what season of life I’m in.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Thank you for your time,